If you have a XBox 360 but somehow still haven’t got it online or if you are also one of those who is having trouble downloading the latest dashboard updates, this post should be of help to you.
In order to make this process work, all you need to do is burn an update disc from Xbox 360 website using your computer and then use that very disc to update your XBox 360.
To create an update disc you need the following:
- A DVD or CD burner.
- A blank, writeable DVD or CD.
- The update file from Xbox.com.
To create a DVD or CD:
- Click here to begin downloading the update folder. Save it as “$SystemUpdate_Fall07.zip” anywhere on your computer.
- Place a blank disc in your burner. From Windows Explorer, select Open Writable CD Folder Using Windows Explorer or open the CD drive icon.
- Drag the zipped $SystemUpdate_ Fall07.zip folder to the CD Folder. If the CD write window doesn’t open by default, drag and drop the folder onto the CD/DVD RW drive.
Note: If you are using an earlier version of Windows you will need to open the file using a separate utility (for example, WinZip).
- In the Explorer window, click Write files to CD from the CD writing tasks or right-click the CD/DVD RW drive and select Write these files to CD.
Caution : The update filename and folder structure must be intact for the update to run properly.
- Follow the steps in the CD wizard.When you are finished with the wizard, the CD will eject. Your CD is ready.
To update the console:
- Place the CD in the Xbox 360 console.
- Power cycle the Xbox 360 console.
- The update program will start automatically. Select Yes, update nowand press A.
- Wait for the update to complete.
- When the console reboots, you’re done.
Do stay tuned to Technofriends for more, one of the best ways of doing so is by subscribing to our feeds. You can subscribe to Technofriends feed by clicking here.