Did you ever thought of converting your text documents to Audio files and stuff them in your iPod/iPhone so that you could listen to them at your leisure. What great fun it would be if you could do so. The good news is that this is now possible, with a software called Text2Aloud. The software is available for free trial download. However, if you would like to use it forever you definitely need to shed off some of your hard earned dollars 😉
In order to setup the program and get on board please follow the steps below:
SETUP – WINDOWS
1. Download and install TextAloud2.
2. Open the TextAloud2 program.
3. Go to File – Open and select the file you want to convert to audio. You can change the file name that appears in the Title field if you choose. Remember where you save this file as you will need to navigate to it later.
4. Click the Speak To File button.
5. Choose where you would like to save the new audio file, and select OK to start the process. Wait for the process to complete.
6. When the process is complete, drag the audio file into your iTunes library.
Also note that the voice might sound very much computer like, however, if you would like to hear a more smooth and clear voice, i believe AbleReader is an alternative that is both Mac and Windows compatible and uses “AT&T Natural Voices” (16kHz audio).
So if you are a nature conservationist, this is the way to go. In the end, who wants to carry the hard paper printed documents home 😉