Hey people… Hope you guys are enjoying our writeups. Today, lets talk a little about Spoofing/Phishing. Lets first start by telling you our motive… We purely wish to teach and make you guys understand what spoofing is all about. Staying informed is the best way to defend yourself in this world.
What are we going to teach you?
We are going to make a fake Yahoo mail page which will fetch the details ( actual Yahoo User id and password) from you and send it to us. ( rather than sending to the Yahoo Server) ;). As a sincere request, please dont type your correct credentials. ( if you do so, do change them after this experiment).
So lets start off now…
- We have created a fake Yahoo page at http://technofriendsadmin.googlepages.com/WelcometoYahooMail.htm
- You need to visit the site. We can send this page to you as well… please request this page from us by commenting this post or mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you click Sign In! on the submit page, the details are sent to our server rather than being sent to the Yahoo server.
- How can it be used by Potential Phishers/Spoofers? The spoofers can send you a mail saying that please update your account details and enjoy further/enhanced benefits. Upon clicking of the link, the page asks you for your details. Usually, to act better, the URL of the Phishing websites is also similar to the URL you are trying to access. ( This can be anything, from mail accounts to net banking accounts to ebay shopping accounts). Never ever send your details to such sites. There are more points to cover, we shall do the same in our next post tomorrow.
- Bingo… you just understood what Phishing/Spoofing is all about.
For a detailed step by step manual on setting up this service, comment on this post. The same then shall be mailed to your mail id.
Also read: [How-To]Bypassing Passwords in Windows
[How-To] Recover lost wireless network key using WirelessKeyView
Bluetooth hacking: Essential tools.
Learn more about Phishing
Email Spoofing and How to protect your online identity
You can also follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/vaibhav1981
Do stay tuned to Technofriends for more, one of the best ways of doing so is by subscribing to our feeds. You can subscribe to Technofriends feed by clicking here.
Filed under: Email, gmail, hacking, Phishing, Spoofing, Yahoo Mail | Tagged: Email, Fake, hacking, How-To, Internet, Phishing, Spoofing, Tutorial, Yahoo | 29 Comments »